Monday, August 29, 2016

Love and deep dish pizza

Lexington—one hell of a place - August 2016
Here goes something. My mind has slowly become occupied by work and work alone. I’ve had to make an extra effort to make life balance out with work. Maybe that's growing up, maybe it's not. I couldn't tell ya. But it truly is amazing the effect paying more attention to life can have on your overall well being. Not sure where I'm going with this so moving on.
"If you don't have food, get out of my way!" - August 2016
You're welcome for the breakfast - August 2016
I visited my sister and brother in Kentucky this past weekend and it was wonderful and fun and filled with love and relaxing and sunny and centering. I met my nephew who will be 3 months old tomorrow. It's remarkable the moment you first hold someone so small and so vulnerable that all you want to do is protect him from all the harm in the world while enveloping him with love.
"So what do you think of string theory?" - August 2016
Love him. - August 2016
August 2016
A conversation I had on my trip got me thinking. Not everyone finds their path within the same timeframe. It's okay if it takes a bit longer or a bit shorter than the others. It's okay if it takes a lot longer or a lot shorter than the others. Just please remember to keep exploring, keep discovering. Do things that scare you because it is in those activities you find what comforts you. You find your thing. You find your path. And when you find your thing, don't be afraid to admit it — to speak about it to all who will listen. (Not everyone will listen and that's okay because not everyone is interested, which is also okay.) Don't give up. Who are we to think we should anyway?
Sunset run - August 2016
A room with a view - July 2016
The fairest of them all - July 2016
So here we are, in a state of chaos. Seriously though, what in the hades is going on with the world. (I put a period at the end of that sentence because I answered it the sentence preceding it.) I went to a concert a bit ago for a friend’s bday (It was tons of fun. My early to sleep and early to rise behavior is to blame for me almost falling asleep before 10pm while standing up.) and the opening act started a chant of:
“I am!”
“You are!”
“They’re the same thing.”
I was blown away. Can you say impactful and honest and thought-provoking? Sometimes I get somewhat hopeless with the way people treat each other and that chant was the most amazing reminder that there are people out there with hearts larger than a deep-dish pizza and how could I forget. Please, everyone, remember to be kind and respectful to others no matter how similar or different they are. And please remember to treat others well even when you don't feel others treat you well.

Robes and tongue faces - July 2016
Fam bam thank you mam - July 2016
Fun and friends and Seattle - August 2016
Some I just finished. Some I just started. - August 2016
I leave you with a list of things I am thankful for:
- My bed and its continuous coziness
- My friends and family for being wonderful and amazing and extraordinary
- My all-terrain slippers for carrying me to places in comfort
- Books for showing me what's possible
- Salads for making my lunches what they are, and my salad jar for holding said lunches
- Airplanes and co for getting me places faster
- William's Sonoma grapefruit soap and lotion for making my hands clean and moisturized while smelling marvelous

Gasworks with Buckles - Photo by Kate Starr - August 2016 
Ed Ruscha exhibit ruled - August 2016
The ferry is still my favorite form of transportation - July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment