Monday, April 20, 2015

Friends and The Stories We Tell

Seasonal friendships are tough.
Friends are like lifesavers, the candy and the floatation device. Sweet and they keep you afloat (similes are not my strong suit as you can see). Where would we be without them? Seriously, friends are my favorite. I was almost too tired to finish this because of all the fun I had with them this weekend. Friends, food and fun. Some of my absolute favorite things (food especially). Whether it be a thrilling night out, a day in the sun, or a lengthy lounge session watching endless Netflix, its a good time. I couldn't ask for better friends. Shout out to all the homies! You know who you are. Also, shout out to all the food out there as well!
Brighton closing day, one hell of a time. Photo: Erik Overson
Warning: heavy material ahead, bring your hard hats. HA HA HA
I'm not entirely sure why this happens so frequently, I like to think people generally trust me with sensitive information, but honestly I couldn't tell ya. Regardless of why, I have been witness to many a story I wasn't sure I should be privileged to hear, but sat quietly listening as they seemed to hope I would. These stories paired with those I've read in books have taught me to be utterly amazed with the way in which people are. So many people have endured so many things that break my heart simply hearing about. And yet on they move with the turning of the earth because that's how it goes. Honestly where would be if the world didn't go as such. What I mean to say with all of this is that people are extraordinary. Tell your stories and tell them with heart and know that we are listening, well I am at least.
A quote I love by Markus Zusak, "It amazes me what humans can do, even when streams are flowing down their faces and they stagger on, coughing and searching, and finding."
Remember this? Confession: I think I willed it into being.
When your dinner is wine and cheese.
I leave you with something the four year old girl I nanny and adore said to me the other day, "I wonder what its like to be a boy and a dog." Because really I would love to know as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment